Friday, February 13, 2015

50 Shades of Gray Yoga Pants

Ya'll, help me out here.

I'm really concerned. I'm not sure if just yoga pants are sinful.....? Or is it any kind of form revealing pants? What if I did Piyo or Barre or Pilates? Are pilates pants reason for valid concern? Downward facing dog pose is rather provocative. If I was in warrior or warrior 2 pose that would be more appropriate.

I'm asking because I had to drop off my son at preschool - in my multi-directional stretch pants. I had just taught an early morning barre class and it was either wardrobe or get him to school on time. 

The clincher: his preschool is at church

Granted, there were mostly moms and women there, but I did see one or two dads from a distance. And granted, I had on an alllllllmost tunic, like it almost came below the crease of my bun cheek smile line, but perhaps not entirely if I didn't stand completely upright. It's debatable. Kinda hard to see the back of you with your head craned around to peer in the mirror. Guess I should have asked my husband or a trusted modesty accountability partner.

In the words of Jack Black, "floozy."

In the words of Gretchen Wilson, "home wrecker."

In the words of Bill Gothard, "defrauding/giving pieces of my heart away."

But don't you worry, I will be at that alter on Sunday. I will confess my 50 Shades of Gray heart before the entire congregation. And will be wearing lots of "long, loose and lots" this next week to make up for it. Don't be surprised if you see me in an ankle length jumper and turtleneck. I'm just doing my time, paying my penance. Maybe give a word of encouragement shout out to the sister under the pleats when you see me walking by.


No comments:

Post a Comment